Saturday, May 27, 2006

Some thoughts On 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Finished attending the training last two days.

Overall I felt the message from the trainer has been well dessiminated.

Frankly I've known about the 7 habits of Highly Effective People for many years. I even bought a book by Dr. Stephen Covey and have finished reading it years ago.

So are there anything more that I can learn.

Sure, there are, I never really understood some of the concept from just reading the book. Those confusion gets answered during the session.

We the participants also gets to exchange ideas and sometimes we can see how others has a different way of thinking and look at things from a different perspective.

One of the moment that I felt overwhelming was when we were going through the exercise of coming out with our mission statement. Some eyes looks red and gleaming with tears after that.

We are asked to do continous writing for five minutes. I started with things that being troubling me and, WOW! the feeling is very strong. I wished I wouldn't have to stop.

Later I volunteered a comment. I said that, when the problems are inside my mind they gets convoluted, twirling like tornadoes, and most of the time, lost and hidden somewhere in my head, and then surfaced unexpectedly, but when they gets written on a piece of paper I felt more calmer.

So from now on, I will write any problem on paper and keep looking and thinking about them and will do things until I've come to an acceptable solution.

Categories:
Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home