Saturday, August 05, 2006

Searching for the Perfect PDA

I'm looking for a PDA. If you haven't knew about it, there are two types that is available in the market.

Palm which is using Palm OS and Pocket PC which is using Windows Mobile OS.

I'm swaying toward the Windows OS, while that said, I couldn't really point the fault with Palm, from all the palm vs pocketpc articles and discussions, actually palm is cheaper, but I guess for me when I heard Windows it makes me feel secure because of the familiarity.

All this while I have been using Windows and feel comfortable using it.

There are many of Pocket PC brand out there including Toshiba, Fujitsu, Acer and etc.

Now I have zoom down to either HP, Dell or maybe HTC.

HP and Dell may well be familiar to anyone who knows something about PC and notebook, but what the heck is HTC.

What surprised me and I think you also, is that HTC is the number one contract manufacturer for Pocket PC from Taiwan and ehem,ehem,....Dell also contracted out the manufaturing to HTC to produce their line of AXIM Pocket PC, although I'm not quite sure which models.

Have you all heard about the ever famous O2 XDA....,well at least here in Malaysia it is famous. This gadget model is also manufactured by HTC.

So, small world isn't it.

It goes round and round.You start from point A and then after a long journey you arrive back to point A.

Guess. whose microprocesser they are using in most Dell, HP, Acer and IBM PCs and notebooks?

You see, what I meant?

So the Pocket PC I'm interested in are HP IPAQ rx1950, Dell Axim X51. I'm also considering whether to buy second hand or new item.

But I need to check whether I can get a reasonable priced second hand Pocket PC which runs on Windows Mobile 2005 (WM 2005).

All the new one launch to the market at end of last year comes with WM 2005 which has better features compared to WM 2003. Well, that is expected.

Categories: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 07, 2006 7:57 PM, Blogger Z said...

Doug,

Thanks for the lead, I'm now, not so keen with Dell Axim after reading your post and some CNET reviews.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home